Sunday, 13 June 2010

new blog

Well ive decided to change my blog as i do not like blogspot!

Sunday, 16 May 2010


Well here is the final render of our virgin ident, i am extremly pleased with it and working on this project has dramatically increased my knowledge in CG and i hope to keep on learning and improving my work. I feel that it reflects the time we spent on it and the many sleepless night trying to get things to work. ENJOY (it has been rendered in 1080 hd however i had to export it to an mp4 so it would upload to youtube)

ident bits and bobs

Here are a few bits and bobs form the ident.

Thursday, 6 May 2010

Its been a while since i have updated my blog... ive been pretty busy so i will now update you on what ive been doing.

We managed to finish our ident on time, although having a few set backs, such as rendering times... ect.

This is our animatic for our animation using the bar and a block to represent the character, this was to allow us to choose the camera angles we wanted and to achieve the flowing camera movement that we want.

One of the main aspects that we had to overcome was the shatter of the glasses, as we were quite new to maya it took us a while to work out how to use the dynamics. We had to play around abit until we got it how we wanted it. These are the tests we did for the shatter.

as you can see the dynamics need to be changed to make the glass fly apart more, it also needs to be cracked into more peices.

here is a test with the fly, again it is to slow.

Once we got the shatter how we liked it we had to import it into our scene then time it with the fly.

Friday, 19 February 2010

Flash Lip sync Project (ideas)

We have been given a project to lip sync sounds recorded by students talking about their experiences, to be produced in Flash. I have started by designing some of the mouth shapes in which i will be using for my lip sync. I have made some from side on and some from the front, therefore i can add a bit of dynamic to the characters and have them turning ect while they speak.

I decided i would create my characters based on fast food, as many students love fast food.

Here are some of my ideas.

As i have used fast food characters i would like my scene to be a burger bar. Here is a quick outline of what it will look like.

Thursday, 18 February 2010

Background final scenes

One of our scenes was to use colour, i used a simple pallet using similar tones. I like the composition on here but colour pencil was probably not a good material to use as the foreground needs to be richer in colour.

We had to create a layout using pencil and tones, i like the perspective on here however there is a bit much detail, as it was for a layout.

The last background we were asked to create was a room with a directional light, i made an abandoned house using light beams from the boarded up window. I used ink and oil pastel to create this, in the original picture the light looks harder.

I might try editing these backgrounds in photo-shop to get a more stylized look.

Animation Background Project

These are my design ideas and sketches for my animation background.